Brighten your home with some brilliantly colored tissue paper flowers – it’s easy!
What you need:
- Tissue paper in your favorite colors
- Popsicle sticks
- Green marker
- Liquid Glue
What to do:
- If your popsicle stick did in fact come from a sticky treat, give it a quick rinse, then use the green marker to color the stick. This will serve as the stem for your floral creation.
- Cut out five 3×3 inch squares of tissue paper using all of your colors.
- Arrange the squares in a pile, but make sure to offset the edges so that your petals aren’t too orderly.
- Gently push one end of your popsicle stick through the center of the tissue paper squares.
- Now for the messy part: squeeze 4-6 drops of glue around the tip of the popsicle stick (the side that is pushed through the tissue paper) and use your fingers to push the glue through the tissue paper and onto the stick.
- Crumple the edges of the tissue paper squares upwards (like an umbrella closing).
- Allow to dry, then pull the edges down and arrange into a full blossom.
You can push your beautiful flowers into the dirt at the edge of a garden or in a window box for a shock of beautiful color all the neighbors will envy. (That is of course, until they get close enough to realize you don’t really have a green thumb at all!)