Frosty the Snowman…knew the sun was hot that day
So he said let’s run and we’ll have some fun
Now before I melt away!
Poor Frosty…this jolly soul, made out of snow, laughs and plays with the children, until he melts away and has to say goodbye. So sad! Well, this snowman craft will make your children smile and laugh, and we can guarantee that this Frosty won’t melt away once winter is over!
Flower Pot Snowman
You will need:
- Medium-sized flower pot
- Medium-sized wooden or styrofoam ball
- Small piece of ribbon
- Green and red colored felt
- Old mittens or old socks that you can cut up (preferably fun-colored ones)
- 2 buttons
- Black, orange, and pink markers
- White paint
- Googley eyes
- Paint the outside of the flower pot and the Styrofoam or wooden ball white. You may need 2 or 3 layers, so allow the first layer to dry, then paint the next layer after.
- Once dry, flip the pot over and glue the ball onto the bottom of the pot.
- Take the felt scraps and cut a piece about 4 inches in length and 3 inches in height. Glue the felt around the top of the ball to give the snowman a little hat. Gather the felt at the top and tie with the ribbon.
- Glue the two buttons onto the body of the snowman.
- Cut the old sock or mitten into a mini snowman scarf, or, if you have a few pipe cleaners handy, you can simply twist these to form the scarf, as shown here. It needs to be about 5 inches in length and about an inch in width. Wrap it around the neck of the snowman and securely glue it.
- Once all the glue is dry, stick on the wiggly eyes, make a dotted smile for the mouth, an orange carrot nose, and add some pink circles for the cheeks.
You’re done! The flower pot snowman will surely conjure up some holiday joy and bring Frosty back to life!
Throw the Flower Pot Snowman your friends’ way!